Explore the best of Maine''s spruce-studded islands, classic shoreline villages, and rugged character with Moon Coastal Maine.
Inside you''ll find:
- Strategic itineraries for any budget and timeline, from five days in Acadia to a two-week road trip
- Curated advice for history buffs, foodies, beach-goers, outdoor adventurers, and more
- Must-see attractions and off-beat ideas for making the most of your trip: Hike or bike through lush timberland forests, or take a lighthouse cruise down the Kennebec River. Sample wild blueberries, farmstead cheeses, and preserves from roadside farmers markets, find the best beachfront lobster shack, or mingle with locals over a "chowdah suppah." Discover maritime history in a traditional fishing village, or explore quaint, pedestrian-only island towns packed with hiking trails. Watch the boats sway in a quiet harbor, unwind on a sandy pocket beach, or immerse yourself in the secluded wilderness of Mount Desert Island and Acadia National Park
- Honest insight from Maine native Hilary Nangle on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from historic inns to budget campgrounds
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Recommendations for getting there and getting around by plane, car, train, or bus
- Thorough background on the culture, environment, wildlife, and history
Eager to see the rest of the Pine Tree State? Try Moon Maine. Hitting the road? Try Moon New England Road Trip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.